Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Motivation: Running in the Rain

If you, like me, live somewhere on the east coast, then you have experienced a couple days of crappy weather. If you, unlike me, did not promise yourself that you would run for 365 days straight, this would not really matter. I understand that in making this promise I knew I would be running through some pretty crappy months (I'm talking about you, January) but I just thought those were a bit away. It had been gorgeous up until this weekend. My first full-on wind-so-hard-it-could-blow-me-over and rain-pelting-in-my-face run. And you know what, it was the most fun I've had on the road in weeks. I LOVED it. Maybe something in me snapped, or maybe running in the rain reminded me of a simple time when, as a child, we would run screaming into the wind without abandon. Yeah, I'm guessing it's the second one.

I'm still only running about 1-3 miles each day, so not any huge improvements there. But my mood is resigned to it and even some days looking forward to it more. The only downside currently is the amount of time it takes up in my evening, which is pretty short anyway. But that's why we get motivated on Mondays!

Here is some motivation:




2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Monday Motivation: Running in the Rain
    i would like to say thank you about this cool post, and this idea very helpful to me,
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey

    Hot damn, this is a good post, I think every one is getting more from this site

    ReplyDelete

Share with Air Mail